Tag Archives: VR
You won’t be able to stream PC games via USB Tethering (WiFi is too laggy) or charge the device because they use a micro-USB port to connect a touchpad built-in to the side of the headset.
This is 21st Century, why don’t use a Bluetooth controllers instead?
Answer: They don’t want to mess with Facebook and PC gaming market.
I am proud to present to you the world’s first Smartphone-Based (Nexus 5) Custom VR Head Mounted Display that can stream 1080p games from PC to Android device via USB cable. FullHD display with a pixel density of 445 ppi and 90 degree field of view.
Use built-in head-tracking sensor at 1000Hz and support FreeTrack protocol, Virtual Joystick/Controller or mouse. A system’s latency is approx 30 milliseconds (LCD Monitor to HMD).
I am looking for investors who can finance my new Virtual Reality project.
Any interested partners please email me at [email protected]
- Project Budget: £75 (~$125)
- Development Time: 3 days
- True HD IPS+ @ 60Hz
- Screen Pixel Density 445 ppi (Oculus Rift DK2 = 386 ppi)
- Six-Axis sensor MPU-6515 (Oculus Rift DK2 = MPU-6500)
- Work with all DirectX 9, 10 and 11 PC games
- I managed to remove softkeys from my Nexus 5
If you know polish, you can read about my HMD:
- Oculus Rift for only 400 zlotych [Onet.pl] (translated)
- Home-made VR Goggle [KomputerSwiat.pl]
- An ingenious Pole challenges Oculus and Facebook [WP.pl]
FullHD source vs VR Goggle screen quality comparison.