Switch your Google Phone to Microsoft Phone now!
We all know that the mobile operating systems from the Microsoft are not perfect.
If you are not satisfied with Windows Mobile try my unofficial Android based Microsoft Phone – it is available only for Nexus 5!
FE Microsoft Phone 14-05-2018
for Google Nexus 5 Hammerhead
- Almost everything
What doesn't work
- Bluetooth HFP speaker (mono/SCO) output is garbled?
- Trusted face (inside Smart Lock)
- Fast (Quick) Charging
- WakeBlock (wait for the update)
Things to improve
- Maybe custom NavBar with Microsoft icon?
Changes to the previous version
- May 2018 Security Patch
- Apps Update
This Guide is only for Google Nexus 5 (Hammerhead) D820/D821 16/32GB devices!
I am not responsible for any damage caused to your phone.
You are installing a custom ROM at your own risk.
Make sure to take a complete backup of your data before starting up the processes.
Make sure you follow all the instructions carefully, without skipping any steps!
Step-by-step Installation Guide: PDF File
Step 1 - Before you start
Step 2 - Downloads
If you do not have a TWRP Recovery v3.2.1-1 installed on your Nexus 5, please download all files. Otherwise, you can download only First Ever Android 8.1 for N5 file and go to Step 5.
- Download WinRAR v5.50 – Link (2.1MB)
- Download 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 – Link / Mirror (9.18MB)
- Download TWRP Recovery for Hammerhead v3.2.1-1 – Link / Mirror (13.1MB)
- Download First Ever Microsoft Phone for Nexus 5 – 14-05-2018 – Download (1.66GB)
Step 3 - Enable USB debugging
- Launch the ‘Settings‘ app from the app drawer or the notifications shade.
- Swipe all the way down and tap on ‘About phone.’
- Scroll down in this menu as well and you should see an option called ‘Build number.’
- Constantly tap on this option till you see a message: ‘You are now a developer.’
- Go back to ‘Settings‘ and try to enable ‘USB debugging‘ again.
Step 4 - Install TWRP Recovery via ADB
- Install 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 on your PC – Instructions
- Copy your TWRP Recovery twrp-3.2.1-1-hammerhead.img file to C:\TWRP folder.
- Open a CMD window and type: cd c:\TWRP\
- Connect your Nexus 5 device to the PC.
- Type the following into CMD window: adb reboot bootloader
- If your asks for permission to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Your device will boot into bootloader mode.
- Type this into the CMD: fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-1-hammerhead.img
- Now the TWRP Recovery will be installing on your Nexus 5 device.
- Type this final command into the CMD to reboot your device: fastboot reboot
Step 5 - Current ROM Backup
Step 6 - Installation
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is UBR and why did you use a RAR archive, not ZIP?
Where can I copy the unpacked UBR folder?
Why does the TWRP Recovery not see UBR?
Why do I get an error when installing UBR in TWRP Recovery?
Will I lose all my files after upgrading to Android 8.1?
Can I restore my previous system?
Instead of Stereo sound I prefer Mono, how can I change it?
It seems that the phone is too quiet, how can I increase the volume?
The battery discharges very quickly, is it normal?
Why does my phone display an incorrect time?
Why does my phone not pass the SafetyNet check?
Can I change the Bootloader Logo?
Is it possible to update UBR and keep apps and settings?
Can I upgrade the official Android 6.0.1 OTA?
The project was created to prolong the life of the Nexus 5 smartphone. Over 4-year-old flagship from Google is still a very efficient device and allows you to launch the latest games from 2018 years. After upgrading to Android 8.1, Nexus 5 is one of the more interesting phone on the aftermarket, and in the price range from £90 for a 16GB model is unmatched among other devices.
Completing this project and building a site absorbed a lot of my time. I plan to share updates on a regular basis until August 2019, then Google will end support for ARM apps and force the transition to ARM64, which Nexus 5 doesn’t support. In this way, after almost 6 years on the market, the Nexus 5 will go into well-deserved retirement.
“The First Ever Android ROM gets the crown for the best custom ROM for the Nexus 5 so far in 2018.” – KDCloudy
Please read the FAQ section before you ask a question in the comments below.
Repeated questions will be deleted!